For many business owners and companies, when a system works, there is no reason to look into other options around the system. The telephone systems in your office are often thought of in this manner. If you haven't taken a look at your telephone systems in awhile because everything is working, you may missing out on some amazing benefits of a Hosted PBX (private branch exchange) Phone System.
A Hosted PBX Phone System is a cloud-based solution that is managed by your telephone provider. Instead of your company being responsible for the hardware, software, training and maintenance, the telephone provider will take care of all of that. This lessens the burden on your IT team and allows them to focus on the IT needs that directly affect your bottom line. So what other benefits can a Hosted PBX Phone System provide for your business?
- Cost Savings. There are no upfront costs with a Hosted PBX Phone System. With this type of phone system, your business does not have to deploy a PBX or other hardware and software involved to support the system. This allows this purchase to move from a capital expenditure to an operating expense. Pricing for service will be more predictable because the costs are known upfront and the service fees remain the same for the life of the contract with your provider. Hosted PBX Phone Systems are managed by your provider meaning you don't need in-house staff to handle the system. Finally, a Hosted PBX Phone System typically has a cost of ownership that is HALF of what an on-site system has.
- A Premium Feature Set. Unlike your standard analog phone system, a Hosted PBX Phone System provides your business with a rich set of features to help you communicate effectively. This includes things like: auto attendants to reduce administrative needs, call forwarding and automated call distribution to enhance customer experiences and keep processes moving, three-way conference calling to allow for easy collaboration and office intercom services to be able to page workers when calls arise that need immediate attention.
- Empowered Mobile Workforce. According to IDC, by 2020, nearly 75% of all workers will be mobile workers. With such growth in this category, having technology to support this model is imperative. With the Find Me/Follow Me features, calls are routed to the person that the customer wants to reach, whether that person is in the office, on the road, working from home or in a branch office. This keeps your customers and employees engaged when they want to talk with each other, and that drives business.
- Backup System. When an emergency happens, you want a telephone system that keeps working. Losing communications is not an option. With a Hosted PBX Phone System, redundant protocols keep your phones up and running 99% of the time with no real noticeable interruption. If service does go down, wireless backup and cloud connectivity will bring your systems back up easily with lower recovery costs. An in-house PBX system can take days to get back up and running in a failure.
- Flexible Scalability. When you need to add phone lines due to new hires with a legacy phone system, you typically will need to contact your phone provider's customer service, schedule an appointment and wait for the company to come to your location to do installation. With a Hosted PBX Phone System, phone lines can be added quickly within minutes.
With all of the benefits a Hosted PBX Phone System provides, sitting on your laurels with your legacy phone system could be a mistake. With Fraser's Smart Connect Unified Voice Program, we can provide you with an assessment of your current phone system and give you all the information you need to see if making the switch to a Hosted System is right for you. Contact us today to see if a Hosted PBX Phone System makes sense for your business.